Friday, March 2, 2012

Introduction

I started this blog because I'm tired of my views not being represented in the public square. I believe in universal health care, protecting the environment, a free education for everyone through college, a woman's right to choose, same-sex marriage and I'm a strong advocate for federalism. I do not support the war on drugs, gun control, corporate welfare, government debt, and interventionist foreign policy. I abhor the Patriot Act, Guantanamo Bay, the torture of terrorist suspects, warrant-less wiretapping, and indefinite detention without trial. I cannot point to a politician that represents my views, with the exception of (maybe) Bill Richardson or Russ Feingold, and Feingold only because he was the only Senator to vote against the Patriot Act. I think a lot of libertarians out there think that Ron Paul libertarianism is the only way to go, but there are different kinds of libertarianism that aren't so anti-government. This blog will express my views, a combination of libertarianism and social democracy. I hope you enjoy it.

No comments:

Post a Comment